How to find history of a k9?

minidaffy

Hi,

I am in the process of getting my k9 Mvt inspected and then registered for the road and just wandered if there is a way of finding out some of its history to help me with the process...

I have a chassis number and Vehicle number but that is all, no supporting documents of any kind.

Does anywhere have the records for austin k9's?

cheers in advance for any help.

Martin

MARTIN

I think i can say l know more about the B vehicle history cards than most that are held at DEEPCUT when l first started

collecting them in the late seventies some had already been destroyed or misplaced amongnst them the bg range what

did survive where 00bg01 to 13 bg 36/ 13 bg37 to 29 bg 46/ 29 bg 47 to 79 bg 56 / 79 bg 57 to 81 bg 96/81 bg 97 to

87 bg 46/ 87 bg 47 to 99 bg 46/99 bg 47 to 99 bg 99 THESE are the numbers l held at Beverley and l expect they are the same as DEEPCUT AS to any more in the BG RANGE turning l would say it is unlikeley but never say never there are some that DEEPCUT did not get or likely to

REGARDS WALLY

hi wally,

first off I must start with an apology..i had misread my chassis plate and my reg is a BP..

I again spoke with the chaps at Deepcut today but it appears these record don't exist either.

my full reg is 89 BP 84.

contract no 6/veh/16694.

My sincerest apologys for wasting anyones time with my misleading info!

If it helps I do feel like a pillock!

many thanks

Martin

MARTIN

First there is no need to apologise if ever one on here apologised for there mistakes there would be less time for the more

important things in life like vehicles surprised that DEEPCUT SAY they have not your vehicle history card l have just looked

up the list of records held at BEVERLEY and it shows that cards 88 BP 98 TO 90 BP 97 ARE listed as you say contract

number 6/V/I6694 TRUCK AUSTIN TRUCK 1 TON GS l cannot explain

REGARDS WALLY

Hi wally,

That is encouraging news indeed! I just don't know what course of action to take now! maybe Deepcut do have it but the gentleman I spoke to missed it on a quick search through? He discouraged me from sending in a record enquiry form and £25 on the basis he couldn't find it..

I am new to this game and am unsure on how the record systems work...do Deepcut have the same records as Beverly?

Or is there any way of access to the Beverly records?

It would be easier on my brain if I knew one way or the other if it exists or not!

many many thanks for your help and patience!

martin

MARTIN

THE record cards both the 419 Bs and the B vehicle records 170.ooo OF THEM all came from BEVERLEY are the same ones

DEEPCUT have and l hope they are still trying to get the 419Bs that are still in storage if they do not have yours it may have gone missing in the move

REGARDS WALLY