Saladin shock absorbers?

Aussie

Question

I don't know if anyone can help but would be very grateful if someone can! I'm after info on shock absorbers (?) that are probably for a Saladin but have a number that differs from my parts list. Mine list Direct Acting Shock Absorbers as FV440957 : 2540-99-803-5387 but these are numbered 2540-99-810-7152.

So... Can anyone identify them and, specifically, let me know if they are for a Saladin and if they are actually shock absorbers and not Suspension Dampers (which look much the same externally)?

Thanks, James.

4 answers to this question

I don't know if anyone can help but would be very grateful if someone can! I'm after info on shock absorbers (?) that are probably for a Saladin but have a number that differs from my parts list. Mine list Direct Acting Shock Absorbers as FV440957 : 2540-99-803-5387 but these are numbered 2540-99-810-7152.

So... Can anyone identify them and, specifically, let me know if they are for a Saladin and if they are actually shock absorbers and not Suspension Dampers (which look much the same externally)?

Thanks, James.

Hi James,

Your second stock number ending 7152 does not come up in either the Saracen or Saladin parts lists that I have. The FV number does not match the first stock number either. Is there any prefix to these numbers?

Thanks Richard

There is no flange on top so seems no doubt they are shock absorbers, and I'm reliably informed they are the right size, but still a bit concerned that they might be for something else and have different loadings. Apparently stamped 76 (1976) which is a lot younger than my listShAbs2.jpg.

Attached pics from my parts list and two of the "unknown".

ShAbs Sal.jpg

ShAbs1.jpg