Land Rover 101FC steering wheel

robin craig

So far as I know the 101 wheel is unique. It might have been fitted to a couple of oddball prototype Land-Rovers but it wasn't fitted to any other mainstream types. I've never seen any reference to it being fitted to any other make of vehicle either, which is a bit surprising because a lot of Land-Rover stuff in the 70s came from the same parts bin as other British Leyland group vehicles.

Actually, to be more accurate, in the 70s it was mainly Range Rover bits that came from the Leyland parts bin because most of the bits on Land Rovers were the same as had been fitted since before Rover became part of BL! Such was the desperate lack of product development at the time. The 101 shared many of its engine and transmission bits with Range Rover and other bits were LR series 3, but not the steering wheel.

If you need a wheel, they turn up on ebay occasionally.

a lot was specific for the 101. axles wider and heavy , salisbury front too.

steering column just for the 101.

the steering wheel a lot flatter then the regular series ones.

as a guess, you are in need of one? or planning to put another steering wheel in for more leg space?

i can take pictures of the ex ifor 101 in the drive :-)

Arjan,

no need to count the splines, it already has a series wheel in place and is driveable like that right now, just a bit tight for the ample figured ones among us.

I know all about EMLRA and 101 club etc, too many clubs to be a member of everything at once

R