Bedford MWD towing attachments

Danny P

Can anybody help on the dimensions of the spring plate securing the tow pin as demonstrated in the pictures below. I've only measured the total width and length of the plate from an early Bedford MWD which was 5 cm x 20 cm (first picture).

Then I found out that the width of my broken plate must have been 4 cm wide at the side of the two bolts as presented in the second picture.

So I maybe have missed that the plate might be not fully rectangular but somewhere diagonal from 4 to 5 cm?

I have created a new plate which is 4 cm wide and rectangular for the first 5 cm of length at the two bolts side, then diagonal from that point to a width of 5 cm at the end of the tow pin side as demonstrated in the second picture. Is this right or should the plate also be partially rectangular at the tow pin side. If so how many cm?

And what is the dimension of the gap for the pin. I have made it 2.7 cm x ...?

Would appreciate to have the exact dimensions since I hesitate I have done it right and my masterwork was only an exercise!:D

What material was used for this plate? Is it special flexible spring plate or just iron plate? Just iron plate may bend if you push to hard the pin down!

Thanks,

Danny

towing attachments.JPG

towing attachment1a.JPG

towing attachment.JPG