Muir Hill A5000 mk1

Extra air tanks? How many does it have? I seem to remember they had 3 under the cab, 2 for the brakes and the third as auxillary. I should have some photos from back in the day somewhere, I'll try and find them.

I do remember the Mk1 was more fun and more useful as you could crab steer it. The later ones could only do 2 or 4 wheel steer.

Thanks for reply, new to me this loader, still to pick it up, I reckon there are three tanks, the aux I guess is feeding the rear connectors, it has air to the rear for I guess a trailer but no hitch arrangement just the adaptor plate for the backhoe others I have seen had less tanks, the brake set up is mega involved, any diagrams anyone. John

The tow hitch is mounted on the boughton winch, which can be fitted in place of the backhoe.

As for the brakes, no diagrams I'm afraid, but seem to remember they are in board (that's inside the axle itself), oil immersed, multi plate discs. There is also a transmission dump facility, that disconnects the drive when the brake pedal is depressed to give more power to the hydraulics.

Found 1 pic so far. This is a later Mk2 or 3 model, reg looks like 01 HW 24. It's not good enough to see air tanks, though. I'll try harder to find better pics

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79540[/ATTACH]

Think one of my customers has one of these, ex Dutch army!

• 4 weeks later...
Have a A5000 with Military id number of O2FX32, would anyone have any info ? Has extra air tanks under steps ? would be grateful for any info. Thanking You John

Hi John

We can supply you with some pages from the parts book if you like as we have all the info relating to Muir-hill, I can also look it up in the build books for you to find out more about it.

Just email me on muir-hill@lloydsmh.fsnet.co.uk and I will sort it for you.

Kind regards

Sue

Lloyd Loaders (MH) Ltd

• 1 month later...