Saracen - Bevel Box Removal

Mettlen

I'm just about to remove my first Saracen bevel box and I think I have undone everything. However it won't come out easily. I'm wondering it is mechanical attached to the gearbox or whether it is just the sealant between the bevelbox and the hull. Thought I would ask before taking to it with a crow bar! Thanks in advance.

20130716_192520.jpg

20130716_192619.jpg

Hello! Glad to see you are making progress with the old girl. The drive shaft that is putruding through the center simple pulls out. It does take a fair bit of effort to remove though. I think i prized it out with a pair of levers. If i remember right the shaft is located with a snapring. If you remove the shaft from either side of the vehicle then remove the two clamps inside the hull either side of the transfere box then the gear/transfere box will lift out.

Hope this helps:cool2:

There are some threaded holes around the outer flange - if everything is undone, put some long bolts into the holes and wind them in, From memory this "jacks" the bevel box away from the hull .

I'm just about to remove my first Saracen bevel box and I think I have undone everything. However it won't come out easily. I'm wondering it is mechanical attached to the gearbox or whether it is just the sealant between the bevelbox and the hull. Thought I would ask before taking to it with a crow bar! Thanks in advance.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79487[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]79488[/ATTACH]