Saracen transmission-setting gauge

oily

Does anyone have a Saracen gearbox setting gauge tool I can purchase?

Oily,

You can easily make one. Mine I have used on Dingo, Fox, Ferret and Saracen. Cannot recollect the dimensions except for the rod which was a piece of 1/4" silver steel rod, rounded at bottom end, the rod passes through a steel bar across the top of the gearbox, with a lock screw to lock the rod in place.

Would you be able to post some sort of picture/sketch as to how it is fixed in place and used?,... The description in the manual does seem a little vague... I could certainly make pretty much any tool needed, but its the actual method of use I'm not clear on...

Many thanks for your help, Richard

kind regards

oily

Would you be able to post some sort of picture/sketch as to how it is fixed in place and used?,... The description in the manual does seem a little vague... I could certainly make pretty much any tool needed, but its the actual method of use I'm not clear on...

Many thanks for your help, Richard

kind regards

oily

Hi Oily,

I am not able to scan you a picture at present, but if you look in EMER V613 Chapter 4, page 3, Figure 1 shows it in use and also Page 5, Figure 4. There is a bar across the top face of box with a rod of 1.4" diameter rounded on the end. There should be a pinch bolt on the bar to hold the rod in position when you take it out to measure the height.

regards, Richard

Thanks Montie!,... Still not overly sure what I'm supposed to be measuring though... Is it the amount/length of rod protruding down into the gearbox? -measured from under the piece of flat bar?

-and are these the measurement mentioned in the table printed in the manual?

kind regards

Matt