CVRT Spartan Merlin Report Interpretation

Duffy

I do not recognize the following parts of the Merlin Service history report.

169 14/06/94. A0555A. 1 RRF

999. 22/06/94. A4420A. HQ CTG BG

3DIV99. 08/04/97 A4420B. RE CS TROOP HQ CTG BG

1 RRF was in Bosnia in 1995-6. The vehicle was on the books of 1 RRF for 8 days and with the second entry for three years and the third entry for another 6 years. What does the second and third entries mean?

What are the units and where would they be located?

There was also a change code entry as noted;

6/8/93. Code change from. 0854 3000 to 0854 7500. e38

What is the nature of the change?

Thanks

Alan

Edited by Duffy

Hi Alan

I think CTG BG is the Combined Arms Training Centre Battle Group at Warminster. RE CS is the Royal Engineers Close Support Troop, equipped with CET's, AVLB's and the like. It is described as CTG rather than CATC because the Merlin report picks up the current designation.

Somewhat spookily it looks like I have the sister vehicle to your Spartan, mine lists RE CS Troop HQ CTG BG on 8/4/97!!!!!

Cheers

Tim

Hi Alan

I think CTG BG is the Combined Arms Training Centre Battle Group at Warminster. RE CS is the Royal Engineers Close Support Troop, equipped with CET's, AVLB's and the like. It is described as CTG rather than CATC because the Merlin report picks up the current designation.

Somewhat spookily it looks like I have the sister vehicle to your Spartan, mine lists RE CS Troop HQ CTG BG on 8/4/97!!!!!

Cheers

Tim

And mine lists HQ CTG BG on 12/4/94...

0854 means CVRT

7500 is Spartan

The 3000 designates it as an RAF vehicle so the code change to 7500 simply means it stopped being an RAF vehicle...

Hope that helps.

Tim

Edited by timbo

Yes Tim that was a big help in understanding the service history.

Thanks. I am considering buying this Spartan.

If I do, the next big challenge is to figure out where the heck I'm going to put it. I'm running out of room.

Alan

LOL Robin, I have just moved into my new shed today, a great improvement over the previous dump. I now have a new(ish) industrial unit, a painted floor, sink, and even a toilet! Cant wait to do some of my won racking and stacking and get all my cr*p properly sorted out...