bedford mw

gps

Question

Hi i am GPS

I have recently acquired a bedford MW:-D ,as i am new to this vehicle i have got many questions:confused:.Is there any way to take the slack out of the stearing box, i have got about quarter of a turn on the stearing before the drop arm moves and as it reaches full lock in either direction tightens.It is still mounted in the chassis and all the body has been removed so access to the box is easy ,many thanks GPS

4 answers to this question

thank very much for that info :-). i will try it out this weekend.:D

when i took it all to pieces the cab floor mounts were made up of several flaps of rubber do you know what hight the mounts should be ,as the uneven packing and the fact that that it is conected to the steering column throws the whole bulk head out so doors dont shut bonet bad fit and a funny twist in the windscreen frame.

Thank for that john:-D.

The doors had to be forced up to shut with a slam, and the frame rubbed the door ,also the top of the door was not level with the rear panel or top of A post also the rear timber body was 2 1/8" longer one side than the other, still deal with that later.

DSCF0021.jpg

looks a bit poorly,need more room i have taken over the wifes garage and the garden shed plus drive, still more to take off.Got to straighten the chassis got a 2 1/2" twist , i think this is the cause of all the probs.

thanks for the intrest phil.

The REG is UHH600.I know she has a few probs but i would not expect any different for a truck of this age ,and its a good way to get to know her:) ps 1944

Edited by gps
forgot info

yes thats right a MWR with a new pine back body with ash sub frame,done as a mw.All the mwr equipment has been removed.chassis No 60849 .

I have quit a few bits to find for her,hope to find some at w&p.Will be don as mwd cant afford to put back as mwr.

Hope to be ready for france next year.If you have any history would be appreciated,other than that i was thinking of putting her to royal artillay anti aircraft, as i dont know any thing about her.