3D Prototype Printing

Marmite!!

3D Prototype Printing just got a bit more affordable under £700 including software doesn't seem to bad, sure they will start dropping in price as more people start using them..

In 1 month, we are bringing 3D printers to the UK high street. At £699.99, the printer is affordable for the average consumer and doesn't take up much more space than an inkjet printer

http://www.maplin.co.uk/3d-printer?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=13P7-7

Edited by Marmite!!

I use a 3-D printer on a regular basis as part of my job. The one I use cost about £40K and is really good, but I've seen quite a few very frustrated people trying to get the cheaper versions to work properly.....!

Barry

We used them in the prototype labs to create hand tool and small part models whilst I was working for the Blue Oval - they were a lot cheaper than actually buying a tool set of hand making a part - which gives you some idea of the cost of hand-built parts for new models as each of the two printers was over £150,000. :cool2: