Are these for an 'A' frame, crane jib or what ?

ZIL157

A couple of pictures of CCKW's with the same modification to the front bumper.

Can anyone provide a photo of the 'A' frame, crane jib, or whatever, that these brackets were made to fit ? Cheers.other__gmc_cckw_353_6x6_1942_3_lgw.jpg

774.jpg

Edited by ZIL157

I think you'll find these brackets are Norwegian (post war) - and I always assumed they were snowplough brackets (but you've got me wondering now :cool2:).

I'm sure they're post war, but would like confirmation as to exact use. Thanks

Those are not any A Frame mounts that I've seen. The A Frame mount is chunkier, and sits on top on the chassis leg further back around / behind the tow hook. That one foot movement to the rear reduces the huge loads an A Frame puts on the front springs / axle / chassis.

I don't have a lot of A-Frame equipped CCKW photos, but this is from 'A Universal Truck'

aframe.jpg

Note how far back the a-frame is. The book does show other CCKWs post war with all kids of accessories attached to the front bumper.

Yes, that 'simple idea' occured to me that if the mounts were low enough, there'd be just about enough angle to use the

tow hooks as anchor points.

Theres a picture on flickr ( GMC cckw/ that shows a front

mounted jib and the mounting points seem to be front mounted on the bumper. I say seems because unfortunately it was

taken from behind the vehicle and it's difficult to be sure. Thanks for the interest.