hello all!!

hello everyone, im jack, a 23 year old chinook engineer. i will admit now i dont have a classic truck, however i do know where there is one and i want to rescue her, so im hoping you guys can help! she is a 6x6 aec matador and i would like to restore her and get her working as a large flat bed. thank you folks!!

Welcome! The Matador is iconic to those of an Airfix age. But be careful , it will be now I have the Matador it needs to tow something, then, well a Land Rover would be useful to move bits about..... it is a never ending slippery slope!l

Welcome in. Grab that matador !

i wish too! but im not sure if she is too far gone! and i will most defiantly need help. she is in a scrap yard and has been for possibly decades. i got under her and it looked like she had some pannels mising on the engine/gear box and may have been missing breaking system components. my plan was to go the the scrap yard and bargin with the scrap man and spend the weekend there and see if i could get her turning at least. i have no experice with this kind of thing.

Welcome! The Matador is iconic to those of an Airfix age. But be careful , it will be now I have the Matador it needs to tow something, then, well a Land Rover would be useful to move bits about..... it is a never ending slippery slope!l

hehe! yer i have 2 toyota hilux surfs, one hilux truck undergoing a resto and one being built into a race truck. the matador is more a child hood dream and the guilt of letting the old beast die. not sure if the misses will see the romance mind!