Bedford 28hp fan belt

fayjo56

The answer is almost certainly yes....

As I recall the normal v belt comes in 4 widths - A, B, C, and Z (dont ask as I have no idea why!!) and the length is measured by the overall outer length.

Funnily enough my local agricultural engineer has a wall full of the various sizes. I have pulled belts down off his wall for a 1930s tractor and a Champ amongst others. So I think you will get one no problem.

Have a look at http://www.beltingonline.com/vee-and-wedge-belts-213/help-identifying-v-belts-591/?zenid=3i3rg9p4vh8evp6ss7mb8obv94

Cheers!

The answer is almost certainly yes....

As I recall the normal v belt comes in 4 widths - A, B, C, and Z (dont ask as I have no idea why!!) and the length is measured by the overall outer length.

Funnily enough my local agricultural engineer has a wall full of the various sizes. I have pulled belts down off his wall for a 1930s tractor and a Champ amongst others. So I think you will get one no problem.

Have a look at http://www.beltingonline.com/vee-and-wedge-belts-213/help-identifying-v-belts-591/?zenid=3i3rg9p4vh8evp6ss7mb8obv94

Cheers!

I have had problems sourcing new belts for wartime Bedford, Austin and Humber especially as the angle of vee and width do not equate to the British Standard A, B, C, etc. There was apparantly, at the time a BS Automotive standard which is no longer recognised. A compromise has to be made and it usually means having to find a belt that rides a little higher in order to get grip on the flanks. Sometimes it is worth looking around autojumbles, if you have a list of numbers from various makers, ie John Bull, Ferodo, etc.

The imperial size is normally the internal measurement and the metric is possibly the pitch length which is about half way around the circumference of the belt. Just to make it more complicated different manufactures have different ways o marking belts