'SAS' Windproof Smock Date Range?

Enfield1940

I had a spot of luck and picked up a reasonably tidy 'SAS' windproof smock for £9 delivered via eBay as the lady fashionista seller hadn't a clue what it was and listed it very badly. Her loss...:D

Curious to know what sort of date range it is likely to be? The DPM print looks CS-95ish to me, so presumably it's 1990's onwards?

Cheers,

Mark

SAS smock label R.jpg

SAS smock front R.jpg

SAS smock back R.jpg

SAS smock pockets R.jpg

Hi Mark ,Thats a nice catch! 90,s on I,d hazard a guess,like you have said . I think these true SF cut versions are worth getting your,e hands on now ,quite a few seem to have come out via the SFSG in the last few years .The tape on buttons started mid 90,s if my memory serves me well . They wer,nt too well applied and threads either pulled lose or wore through.

cheers Ollie

Thanks for the comments. I note that there's no name on the label and there's no sign it has ever had badges on it. I know this doesn't prove anything, but does it at least raise the possibility that the smock is not entirely unacquainted with Hereford..? ;)

It's also been interesting comparing the Gabardine (?) fabric with a polycotton CS-95 windproof - lighter and softer.

Cheers,

Mark