humbler pig rear main seal?

goldfishventures

had to free up transmission so,while i've got it out installing new clutch and pressure plate... my question is what type of rear main seal is on this 6cyl RR??? does it have a conventional ring seal as in modern engines that can be easily removed and replaced??? my manuel mentions something about "white pine rods or pins at the rear main... are these engines prone to rear main leaks???? any info greatly appricated .... joe in oregon usa

had to free up transmission so,while i've got it out installing new clutch and pressure plate... my question is what type of rear main seal is on this 6cyl RR??? does it have a conventional ring seal as in modern engines that can be easily removed and replaced??? my manuel mentions something about "white pine rods or pins at the rear main... are these engines prone to rear main leaks???? any info greatly appricated .... joe in oregon usa

Hi Joe,

No oil seal on the rear main on a B60, the white pine rods are to seal the gap where the rear main cap slides in to the cyl block.