FOUND Another WW2 20cwt 180 Gallon Water Trailer

On our way down to the New Forrest on Saturday I spotted what looked like another WW2 Bowser in the distance, so on our return we went across the fields for a walk and yes another bowser.

The chassis is in much better condition than the one I'm restoring & the tow hitch is there but theres a lot more missing parts.

I have spoken to the farmer whos lands its on & he has given me the name / contact number of the land owner so I'll give him a call tomorrow.

Anybody interested if I do manage to secure it ?

005.JPG

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

016.JPG

010.jpg

Edited by Ian L

Well done mate, goodness knows how you spotted that ! looks worse than the Slade one ?

see you soon

Jules

Hi Jules the chassis is a lot better than the other 2 although it does need some sections replacing near the rear spring hangers, but it is missing almost everything else.

A good starting point for somebody thought. Tom ;)

Well spotted Ian. Pitty it did not come earlier before we picked up the other browser from you less the axle and wheels. Would be interested to buy this one to make a complete unit if anyone else is not interested. Good luck with the negotiations with the land owner.

A chap near bristol with a morris commercial cdsw also has one of these bowsers. and years ago there was one on mangotsfield golf course complete with all its bits and was being used to water the green when the weather was dry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK whos interested in saving this bowser ? I met the owner yesterday and hes told me to come back with an offer.

P.M. me your offer and I will see him next week to rescue it if he agrees.

Edited by Ian L

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This water bowser arrived to its new home in Czech Republic last week. The chassis will be stripped down and sandblasted before any repair and welding is done. Will post the process here. Having another torso of this trailer, I am looking for another pair of wheels if out there. The pair I got is in poor condition. Also looking for any accessories pictured like the water pumps, filters, taps, hitch etc. If everything goes OK, we will have water supply at our events next year :-)

P6142661.jpg

004.JPG

filter.jpg