WW2 Cammo Windproof Smock+Trs-Both Modified.

Scotch Harry

hi there are you interested in selling this jacket thanx matt

Afraid not as been after one for years that didnt need a lottery win to buy and while this isnt in the best of nick I am keeping hold of it as foolishly sold an original unmessed with smock a good few years back for peanuts.

Did you see this one that sold on Ebay the other day----

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121085786482?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Afraid not as been after one for years that didnt need a lottery win to buy and while this isnt in the best of nick I am keeping hold of it as foolishly sold an original unmessed with smock a good few years back for peanuts.

Did you see this one that sold on Ebay the other day----

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121085786482?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

no problem i understand ,, if you ever do ,, you have a buyer right here cheers ,, i will take a look at the recently sold ebay one ,,

no problem i understand ,, if you ever do ,, you have a buyer right here cheers ,, i will take a look at the recently sold ebay one ,,

yes i saw that one ,, how ever i was after the center zipper one ,, if you ever change your mind ,, i would off you 350 uk for your one in that condition ,, just a thought for ?

Any other time and it would be very tempting but seeing as I have only just found this one will for now at least be keeping hold of it unless I would be lucky enough to find another:nut::nut:

sure ,, well thanx for the response much appriciated ,,,,keep me mind for the future cheers matt

The French received large quantities of wartime British cammo windproof smocks and trousers post-war, and they were used extensively.......many were commonly modified by re-tailoring such as altering the cut of the trousers and removing the hood from the smock and adding a full-zip front.......caps were also made from scrap fabric......

The full-zip in British cammo smocks was a local or unit modification until the early 1960s.....the pattern remained the same as the wartime style up to then.......during 1964-65 the official "1963 pattern" smock and trousers were introduced, identical to the wartime pattern but the smock now featuring a factory-fitted full-length front zip with a wind-baffle behind...........during 1965 a plain olive green version was introduced to replace the cammo version, and from 1971 the green version was replaced by one in the new DPM camouflage but now in a heavyweight satin-backed cotton-drill cloth as used for standard combat smock production......this lasted until 1975 when the classic modern "SAS" DPM windproof appeared, reverting though to lightweight cotton-gabardine fabric as previously used up to 1965........:-D

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody hell ! The world has gone mad Harry !!!! Not even wartime either (1954)...........

I have my unusual denim cammo smock recently posted now on Ebay......as wartime, it doesn't fit within my current collecting interests........here's hoping !!!! (it has a shed load of watchers and finishes tomorrow).....:-D

PS - shame you sold that DPM parka !!! I'd have paid or swapped well for that item for the book.......:-(

Bloody hell ! The world has gone mad Harry !!!! Not even wartime either (1954)...........

I have my unusual denim cammo smock recently posted now on Ebay......as wartime, it doesn't fit within my current collecting interests........here's hoping !!!! (it has a shed load of watchers and finishes tomorrow).....:-D

PS - shame you sold that DPM parka !!! I'd have paid or swapped well for that item for the book.......:-(

As I keep on repeating myself,Ebay is just bonkers these days!!!!!

Hmm,what DPM parka was that?

Thanks

:wow: Ah,Hogspear.He must have a band of merry followers with deep pockets?The man could sell a bucket of welding sparks!

Oddly, I got my rare 66 dated trial DPM smock from Hogspear only last year for a reasonable £150-ish....(I'd have paid double as I knew exactly what it was)..........:D

Still got it,never offered it for sale so not sure what to do with it:embarrassed:

Excuse my confused mind then Harry !!!! I'm after an old (numbered) size DPM parka with the partial nylon lining and "square" pocket flaps...........trades/cash available.......:D (all for the book !!!!)

Excuse my confused mind then Harry !!!! I'm after an old (numbered) size DPM parka with the partial nylon lining and "square" pocket flaps...........trades/cash available.......:D (all for the book !!!!)

Let me have a think about it,never seen another so may well keep,not 100% sure as yet.