53 Set for QLR installation.

Volume 2 of the book Wireless for the Warrior has lots of information in but you need to identify what model of QLR you have to identify the radio's/equipment you need. Some carried different combinations of No.19 sets.

You also need the correct Generators amongst other things.

Thanks guys for all your replies; they are much appreciated. Below is a picture of the old girl.

112_1283.jpg

We do in fact have a generator but I have no idea if it is the right one. As you can see from the picture above the generator was locate behind the o/s rear wheel. Inside the body all of the partition and desks are in situ and we still have some of the seats.

Thanks again for your interest.

James.

Thanks guys for all your replies; they are much appreciated. Below is a picture of the old girl.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74320[/ATTACH]

We do in fact have a generator but I have no idea if it is the right one. As you can see from the picture above the generator was locate behind the o/s rear wheel. Inside the body all of the partition and desks are in situ and we still have some of the seats.

Thanks again for your interest.

James.

There are (were) several different variations of internal layout, with varying wireless fits.

There were two and three compartment versions, and the "Maximum Staff" type with a closed partition wall between the operators and the staff.

Type A & B used WS19/WS19HP and had the generator at the front

There were various "high power" versions with BC610 and WS19, ET4336 and WS19, as well as the WS53 type.

Types D & E had WS53 and WS19 installations

Types G, H and J had the WS53 on its own (with one or two R107 receivers).

What aerial bases are/were fitted?

Chris.

Thanks everyone.

Chris I am afraid there are no aerial mounts fitted but I will try and photograph the roof and post the pictures.

The main body is split into two main compartments (excluding the generator,) with sliding window between the two. Either side of the divider there is bench/desk. In the front compartment there are three fixed seats facing the partition and in the back there are two facing forwards over the wheel arches.

Best regards,

James.

112_1282.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the interior......

IMG_3236.jpg Seat in the front compartment.

IMG_3229.jpg Rear compartment.

IMG_3235.jpg Looking at the left of the body through the rear door. I guess the vent is for the wireless set?

Your thoughts are much appreciated. For example is the colour correct?

Best regards,

James.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Can anyone help us with what kind of 53 set installation was fitted in out QLR? Also is the colour right in the back of the body?

I have a R107 reception set that was fitted to the rear of ql's. The set is complete as far as i can see. We were thinking of fitting it in our qlr but ours has been altered so much in the back since it was made that we would have to fabricate everything from scratch. So seems a bit of a waste of effort.

• 1 month later...

I have recently found some info about a Wireless Sender No.53 when sorting out some paperwork. If you would like copies, send me a PM with your email address. The info is just general description, no installation info unfortunately.

Also, the installation needs an R107 receiver in the vehicle as well as the 53 sender.

• 2 months later...