Wrecker and Tow Truck Fan

truckin24

Hello all together,

my name is Klaus Lassen and I write you from Germany. I'm a class 8 truck driver, hobby photographer, model builder and a book author. In the past I've written two books about heavy tow trucks from Amerika and Germany. Are you interested on this theme, see the link here:

http://www.truckin24.de/03c1989d691232803/index.html

Since about two years I write on my third book about a special kind of crane vehicles, called Magirus-Deutz. From 1971 - 1979 I was soldier at the Bundeswehr and there I worked as driving instrutor for the US bridge tanks M48 ALVB and years later for Leopard Biber.

I registered here because I need a little help and support regarding my new book project. I open a new thread under Recovery vehicles, wreckers and tow trucks

kind regards

Welcome to HMVF

Have just spent a a long time read reading your thread on the Man 4 axle wrecker the model is an absolute credit to you

sehr sehr gutt

Hope you have luck with info on the BAOR Uranus trucks.

Many years (20?) ago i caught the ferry from Hertchell DN to Kristiansund N and on the frieght deck i was parked next to an identical one behind a wrecker but it had US markings

Sorry i have just been informed (by my wife) it was the ferry from Puttigarden D to Robbyhaven DN .

Edited by cosrec