Daylight robbery .........

willysmb

Aghhhhhhh... :mad: Sorry if this is the wrong place but I'm slightly aggrieved ....( cant type what i would like to for fear of being banned from the forum)...

Ok ...Lets start from the beginning .....

I was on the hunt for some bits for a MV restro ...UK sellers out of stock so contacted several European sellers and found one that had what i needed ...Price OK ish but postage was just "P" taking ...

Aha ..Stonleigh was just around the corner so a great opportunity to find the bits, and as i thought one of our European trades had just what i needed but he would have to post it to me ..great he quoted about 10 -12 euro per packet and about 8 euros postage ..so 2x12 + 8 = 28 to 32 Euros , anyway after some Email tennis the price is now 42Euros :-X..size and weight of packet being the issue ..

I bit the bullet and pay ....:mad: any way the packet ( a £1.30 jiffy bag from the post office ) turns up today with 3 euros worth of stamps stuck on it ...:stop::???...

Do I feel that Im being Stiffed or what ...

Sorry ...Just had to have a Rant about the way some dealers use postage and packing as a way of grabbing more money from us ..

ken

Aghhhhhhh... :mad: Sorry if this is the wrong place but I'm slightly aggrieved ....( cant type what i would like to for fear of being banned from the forum)...

Ok ...Lets start from the beginning .....

I was on the hunt for some bits for a MV restro ...UK sellers out of stock so contacted several European sellers and found one that had what i needed ...Price OK ish but postage was just "P" taking ...

Aha ..Stonleigh was just around the corner so a great opportunity to find the bits, and as i thought one of our European trades had just what i needed but he would have to post it to me ..great he quoted about 10 -12 euro per packet and about 8 euros postage ..so 2x12 + 8 = 28 to 32 Euros , anyway after some Email tennis the price is now 42Euros :-X..size and weight of packet being the issue ..

I bit the bullet and pay ....:mad: any way the packet ( a £1.30 jiffy bag from the post office ) turns up today with 3 euros

worth of stamps stuck on it ...:stop::???...

Do I feel that Im being Stiffed or what ...

Sorry ...Just had to have a Rant about the way some dealers use postage and packing as a way of grabbing more money from us ..

ken

Yep it just makes you wonder who crossed the channel on June 6th 44 to liberate Europe....now they liberate US of OUR hard earned cash !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ebay is always like that I often find that items that seem cheap compared with others when the postage charge is added become more expensive than those with postage included.

As you say the "postage" often amounts to a jiffy bag and a second class stamp.