Bedford MW Windscreen

nat2one

I am currently finishing a restoration of a Bedford MW and am looking for a windscreen or parts of. I have one bottom section of the right hand screen that is rotted out so even an incomplete screen would be good.

Hoping to get some photos of it up on here soon.

Any help or advice welcome.

Thanks

Nathan

DSC02957.jpg

Hi John

Thanks for that, yes I think it is 1943. It's definitely the later full type windscreen. I take it there were only the Aero and Full screen versions or were there a few variants?

I think we can save it if needs be. Quite a bit of the one side left.

Do you have any photos of what it looked like when you had it? Would be nice to see it before restoration.

Many thanks

Nathan

Thanks very much for posting those. Nice to see it before. Bob has done a lot to it. Not too much to finish off. I noticed it had some number plates on your photos. Had it been registered before do you know?

Thanks Nathan

Hi John

Just wanted to say thanks very much for getting in touch about the MW. I spoke to Bob and after searching thorough his log books they found the green slip but no log book. After speaking to the DVLA they have found the details and I am now in the process of getting a new log book. This has saved me a lot of hassle and I should have it on the road in the next couple of months.

Thanks again.

Nathan

Hmm that's interesting. Hadn't though of doing the radio back on it. Bob has built a great GS back out of ash. The RAF door is still with it, I have got to restore those next. Interesting fact though.

I will have to see what I can find out about it, be nice if it was an MWR.

Regards

Nathan

Hi John

I am getting very tempted to do it out as a MWR. You say you have some of the kit. Could you send me some pics and let me know what you are looking for price wise please?

Also I have just started work on the doors today and the two doors have different inner linings, the green one that had the name of the people in Durham has a wooden lining and the blue RAF one has a steel one. Is one correct or are they both correct and from different periods?

Thanks

NathanDSC03027.jpg

DSC03028.jpg

DSC03031.jpg