Jeep trailers

I'm sort of thinking that , no longer having the Dodge ambulance but still having the same amount of gear to cart round to shows , I'm going to have to find myself a trailer . Advice please on getting myself something suitable - I'm thinking maybe a Hotchkiss but nothing set in stone at the moment and the present shortage of work and therefore pocket money means that it will be a day or two before I can actually go out and buy something .

The "true" trailer to have is of course the 1/4t WW2 Jeep trailer, Willys MBT, Bantam, etc. They can be loaded with quite a lot of gear and still be manageable when braking.

Adding a bustle rack to the rear of the Jeep will take some extra gear too.

2tu8.jpg

There are new racks that can be hung to the rear and not require any drilling of holes, and also keep the spare wheels in its original position.

WW2 1/4t trailers can still be found, even though prices have risen lately. A lot of the ex French army ones have the wrong lunette (Ben Hur type), wrong safety chains and hooks (Ben Hur) and usually one piece/Hotchkiss wheels with Michelin tyres.

Goran N