Rm-terex zz 3

Smithy

I visited the Emergency Services Show yesterday at Stoneleigh and spotted this pretty unique vehicle amongst the stalls. It's a ZZ 3 and can come in crew transport model and also pick-up variant. Speaking to the guy on the stand the history of the vehicle is conncected with GAZ, with this being a Russian designed vehicle.

There are also military examples of the vehicle, you can see some on a website here: http://www.svtrading.co.uk/models.php

Thought it might be of interest to others. Only managed to get one snap of it though due to people always being around it.

IMG_2637.jpg

They had one outside as test vehicle,whether was awfull so didn't hang around for a go!

Same here, apparently it was radio-controlled. However with it chucking it down we decided not to venture outside for too long.

Yep, I got a flyer/pamphlet of these vehicles.

Its amphibious.

I think it went for a swim at W&P, went well in the mud too.

(why is it so hard to link vids on here?? :mad:)

There you go then, I miss one year at W&P and I'm seemingly already behind the times :D Thanks for the video.

I think it went for a swim at W&P, went well in the mud too.

(why is it so hard to link vids on here?? :mad:)

Easy once you do it once mate , copy all the link after the = sign and paste between the two youtube symbols that will appear when you click on the the symbol above the reply box ! Something went wrong...

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone's interested, I was (am) part of the Remote ZZ3 project, so can probably answer a few questions if there are any! We had a good few people round to see it (and be driven in it) on the 2nd day - the first day was pretty wet and miserable (one of the good things is that it has a Webasto.....)

What did people think of the ZZ3? I've driven it a bit (manual (tiller), drive-by-wire (wheel) and remote (gamepad-style)) and it seems pretty capable and comfortable, although I haven't taken to the water myself yet.

If anyone's interested, I was (am) part of the Remote ZZ3 project, so can probably answer a few questions if there are any! We had a good few people round to see it (and be driven in it) on the 2nd day - the first day was pretty wet and miserable (one of the good things is that it has a Webasto.....)

What did people think of the ZZ3? I've driven it a bit (manual (tiller), drive-by-wire (wheel) and remote (gamepad-style)) and it seems pretty capable and comfortable, although I haven't taken to the water myself yet.

I only seen it stationary at W&P and think its a nice bit of kit.

Also some of the other vehicles in the range look good.

Also condidering Rusians seem to make things capable of all sorts of climates sounds like a good selling point.

I'd buy a few if my lottery ticket wins...

Anyone know what the prices are?

Edited by Enigma

I think a smidge over £70k - that would be for the 'westernised' variant. I guess a russian-spec one might be a bit cheaper, but I'd have to ask. There has been a fair bit of interest regarding flood support vehicles (perhaps understandably given the current weather) - people focusing on the amphibious capability rather than land-based mobility. I can put in a good word if you want one :)