Advertising thread

nz2

Interesting to see the Ford Motor Company are using this Forum to advertise their product. Their method of posting across multiple areas of this Forum and threads is out of character for this Forum

I ask that these be removed.

Doug

Hello Doug,

Unfortunately we need these ads to pay for the server costs. There is a "donate" button at the top of every page, please feel free to use it and make these ads no longer necessary.

Best regards,

Joris

Edited by Marmite!!
typo

To be honest with you nz2. Everyone gets different adds at the top due to it being google, so what ever you have been looking at in the week before will pop up as an add on here or your facebook or some on line news channel places like that. You can get a download that blocks adds but i am not sure where you get them from as the adds don't really bother me that much.

Thank you for the reply regards the adverts and sponsorship. I note the Ford advert threads that were appearing within the section threads have gone now. It was these lines that I objected to,. not the advertising as on the top of a page. Keep up the good work.

Doug

Thank you for the reply regards the adverts and sponsorship. I note the Ford advert threads that were appearing within the section threads have gone now. It was these lines that I objected to,. not the advertising as on the top of a page. Keep up the good work. Doug
We do not choose the adverts, Google display different advert to different people based on your web browsing habits & the web page you are viewing.. to some extent you can change the content of the adverts that you see.. http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/static.py?hl=en&rad0=Military+Vehicles&rad3=Military+Army&client=ca-pub-3123997639891114&ts=1631343&page=ts.cs&rad1=Surplus+Military&rad2=Army+Surplus+Stores&rd=1&contact=abg_afc&url=http:%2F%2Fhmvf.co.uk%2Fforumvb%2Fonline.php%3Forder%3Ddesc%26sort%3Dtime%26pp%3D20%26page%3D1
[h=3]What choices do I have about advertising from Google?[/h]

• Google lets you edit the categories associated with your browser, or opt out of personalized advertising, through Google's Ads Preferences Manager.

• Google may use your Google account information, such as items you +1 on Google properties and across the web, to personalize content and ads on non-Google websites. If you'd like to control how you see +1 recommendations from people you know, and how your +1 recommendations are shown to others, please visit the +1 button account setting page.