Munga fuel system question

BCA01

I traced a fuel blockage on my Military Munga 4 to a round dome-shaped metal fitting at the electric fuel. It allows for the joining of the 2 fuel supply lines from the tank into the fuel pump. It is referred to in one manual as "diaphragm, reserve valve". I removed it to investigate the blockage: even after cleaning I could not blow through it but could force air through it with a compressed air line. I may have freed something up since the Munga runs now.

My question: how freely should fuel pass through this unit. In addition why are there 2 fuel supply lines except for the necessity of a second line for the hand primer pump?

My Munga was one of many sold by the German army in the early 1980's from their training exercises at Canadian Forces Base Shilo in Manitoba, Canada.

• 1 month later...
i traced a fuel blockage on my military munga 4 to a round dome-shaped metal fitting at the electric fuel. It allows for the joining of the 2 fuel supply lines from the tank into the fuel pump. It is referred to in one manual as "diaphragm, reserve valve". I removed it to investigate the blockage: Even after cleaning i could not blow through it but could force air through it with a compressed ai ar line. I may have freed something up since the munga runs now.

My question: How freely should fuel pass through this unit. In addition why are there 2 fuel supply lines except for the necessity of a second line for the hand primer pump?

My munga was one of many sold by the german army in the early 1980's from their training exercises at canadian forces base shilo in manitoba, canada.

hope u got your problem sorted, i also have a munga and i have a problem,not uncommon with these vehicles....! I have the foot accelerator, but nothing else between that and the carb.....would u have any clear photo s / drawings / diagrams to show whats missing and how it all connects up , from acc. Pedal to carb....... So i can get it running......hopefully ! Be grateful for any help u can give me......thanks

Hello Mungaman,

my Munga has been put away for the winter and hard to get at to take photos of the pedal mechanism. Maybe when the weather gets better. Although I got it running OK I still am interested to know about the fuel line set-up and the purpose of the regulator fitting at the fuel pump.

.. Brian

• 5 months later...
hope u got your problem sorted, i also have a munga and i have a problem,not uncommon with these vehicles....! I have the foot accelerator, but nothing else between that and the carb.....would u have any clear photo s / drawings / diagrams to show whats missing and how it all connects up , from acc. Pedal to carb....... So i can get it running......hopefully ! Be grateful for any help u can give me......thanks

Hi, did you get photos for the accelerator/carb connectors ? Let me know if you still want some.