out playing witt the MTLB Stalwart and Ural

paulob1

we were over at wagtails this weekend, perfect weather, on the Russian military trucks forum...

I took my stalwart, honda quad and MTLB on the daf and weeks trailer, and drove the ural up the rear...

great weekend...

here are a few videos on one very stuck stawlart...it was very heavy clay and became increasingly slippy, the treads would clag up and turn into slicks have a look...

ural pulling and still stuck...

eventually took the mtlb the winch on the stolly and the ural pulling, she was very deep and very stuck...

here she is in another claggy hole...

and getting out with much effort on brads part with the stiff clutch and almsot unchangeable gearbox....

Edited by paulob1

My dad is down south at the moment and he said he saw a load described just like the above heading down the M25 last night. I thought it might of been you, as he said it was the same vehicles that we saw together at Denmead. We both wondered where you had been though and now the question is answered!

Awfull mud cant believe those middle and back tyres have tread on them they look bald in some of the pics.

Still a nice day for getting stuck.....:cool2:

at the end of the weekend we tried letting the tyres down, its really odd, the Russian tyres have a lower ply rating than the bar grips, but the bar grips give a much softer ride at the same pressures...

so i let the tyres down to around 10 psi and this improved the off road performance immensley...will try to go as low as 5 psi next time to see how it improves the trucks off road ability in this clay......

The boys have fixed the ural steering pump seal went, and the stolly needs a new brake hose, they have all failed over the past few months will replace the remaing 2...also must fit the bungs next time...it was full of mud and water...

I have to add that since the stalwart had the jolley electronic ignition fitted it has run a treat...think she was missing a bit on one cylinder by the end of the weekend but they were so covered in mud that may have been the cause...will check...

yes they are getting to the point where playing with them is always going to be expensive and so i am sure as time goes on this will be less and less the realitiy of owning these kinds of toys...

for isntance parts for the stolly are now getting more and more rare. air parts now impossible to locate, nearly, and seals need to be remanufactured...its all getting hard work...

yes and this weekend I took the ferret home for a nice play, son loves driving this one...they are such a sweet machine to drive about in...she will need new tyres sometime in the near future as the sidewalls are starting to show signs of cracking more and more on all the tyres...

we took the ferrett on slab common a few weeks ago, that was cool...

take a look at the cold war collection on facebopok, web page coming too...

Brilliant, I love having a laugh in our Ferret too, so easy to drive. The sidewalls on ours aren't great either but remember how thick the sidewall actually is. We ran ours for a whole season and failed to notice the valve had been sucked out the tyre :nut:. Liked your page on Facebook, great stuff. Do you use many of them on the road?

Brilliant, I love having a laugh in our Ferret too, so easy to drive. The sidewalls on ours aren't great either but remember how thick the sidewall actually is. We ran ours for a whole season and failed to notice the valve had been sucked out the tyre :nut:. Liked your page on Facebook, great stuff. Do you use many of them on the road?

I register most of mine and drive as many as I can shortish journeys to keep them in tip top condition...its the only way to make sure they are all running fine...and to keep everything from freezing up...