Queens Jubilee Floatilla

Total waste of my time ! General public barred from most of the river south bank all I saw was the tops of the masts of the square riggers after walking miles downstream from London Bridge BR station ! Told by endless private security guards to try further down stream until they eventually thought I'd like to watch a big TV in Southwark Park ! NO THANKS ! All I wanted was to show my three year old son something to remember and take pride from ! Only highlight was seeing the Chancellor of the exchequer looking very sheepish as his bodyguards ushered him past all us lowlifes ! I let him know how gratefull I was that we are all in this together ! Lucky for him I had to look after my boy ! :mad: Rant over now back home and calm again ! Just ! :-D

Like all events of this type in London, if you want a ringside seat you have to get up early & claim your spot. See 10'000's of people did just that & had great views.. for me the TV was good enough..

Like all events of this type in London, if you want a ringside seat you have to get up early & claim your spot. See 10'000's of people did just that & had great views.. for me the TV was good enough..

Or buy a section of Thameside and close it to the public when you feel like it ! If the public information advice had said it was going to be very restricted access I would have stayed at home and watched it on TV also mate ! :-D

Didn't even see it on TV, been working on the Weasel all day trying to get it ready for A&E. First day off in a while due to the rain and gale force wind and not looking much better for the rest of the week so looks as if I should get the time to finish.