Cable Terminals

Mark

Hi does anyone know of someplace that I can get these in the UK, they have plenty in the USofA, I have tried all the links on here and Google no such luck

They are very much like the Douglas Connectors on Jeeps etc.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Mike basically as many as you can spare please, dont mind contributing to the cause, I am making a new loom for the jeep and need to put a couple of bits on the reo, by the way what are you going to use for your loom then

, by the way what are you going to use for your loom then

I've got NOS front and rear looms which are going in. However I need several of the old connectors to make up adapters and mod's for indicator conversion, headlight conversion etc.

I see you may have another source anyway. I'll work out what I need and you're welcome to the rest if you still need them.

- Mike

The looms came from a guy who does Beltring. I have his details but he only does MUTT stuff. I bought a lot of gear at the same time so I don't know how much they were (I imagine around £25-£35). The old loom was too far gone and buying a new loom was much less hassle than making one for what will be a mostly stock vehicle.

I think you said Jeep, but what model is it for? I'd be very surprised if you can't get repro or NOS looms for all models ever used by the US army.

One of my jeeps is an M606A1 1953 derivitive of the M38A1, I was thinking that the mutt or WW2 jeep looms will be nearly the same with a few mods, I can get a loom from yankee land but at a cost either that I will make my own but wanted the correct fittings if possible.

Mark,

I've not forgotten. I've now modified my loom for separate rear indicators / brake lights and to make UK-acceptable front and rear sidelights.

It looks like there will be few if any male (pin) connectors left as there aren't that many in a loom to start with.

There will be about 25 female connectors with varying lengths of cable attached plus the multi-pin threaded connectors for the 3-way light switch, flasher unit and indicator switch if you're still interested?

Regarding adapting another loom - I imagine this will be more effort than it's worth. You may end up doing so much work that it'd be easier to make one if you can get the rest of the connectors you need.

ps. it might be worth a 'phonecall to REOMIEs and some of the other European dealers. I'd be surprised if no-one can supply a stock loom, even if you have to settle for a standard M38A1 one.