One for Enigma!

Tony B

Question

6 answers to this question

The liner is Belgian made in the 50's. Its missing its sweatband and leather strap.

In the top inside is a logo wit a big "A" and a date.

The helmet itself may be belgian also.

Got pics of the inside of the steel pot?

Its a nice repro.

I've pulled out the liners on all three helmets. The outer side of the liners are all painted green, so no markings. One of the steel pots has on the inside two white edeged shapes, like an american Captain's bars, and a black square with R. M. L. some sort of black blob, possibly a crest, then ABGEXEURD. The internal sides on the other pots are battered and a bit rusty. If they are repros, I've no compunction about re painting, but would hate to mess up originals.

I've pulled out the liners on all three helmets. The outer side of the liners are all painted green, so no markings. One of the steel pots has on the inside two white edeged shapes, like an american Captain's bars, and a black square with R. M. L. some sort of black blob, possibly a crest, then ABGEXEURD. The internal sides on the other pots are battered and a bit rusty. If they are repros, I've no compunction about re painting, but would hate to mess up originals.

Interesting

Its probably AFGEKEURD, which is Dutch for rejected as in "not passed inspection".

The steel helmets can have markings on the rim. Not all do however.

If the seam of the rim is on the front its WW2.

Looking forward to photo's.

Yes, mine came to. However I'm sticking with a known scource of expertise for advice. Wait till I get the chance over the weekend to dig up some of the rest of the stuff. There is what I think is a collection of Airline cap badges, including a mint BEA and posibly British Caledonian. This fits as Carol had links with Jersey Airport. Therse a nice Garand cleaning rod set for sale swop to good home.I want to sort out the non medical stuff and exchange it. Enigma the F rather than a B is quite possible as it is blurred. I'm working late shifts at the moment so the body clock is fried.