Here's a "few" bits that someone may find useful.

Pzkpfw-e

http://www.vgbimages.com/AFV-Photos/Sam-Winer-Motors-Akron-OH/22624408_zvkm9X#!i=1811915478&k=Dnpxs23

Like heaps of Sherman & Stuart suspension units, wheels, tracks, final drives, M4, M5, M6 & M8 HSTs (Only 40 or so, M4s, mind you, so better hurry if you want one), some trucks & the rear unit from an "Atomic Annie". Now, that would make for a very interesting restoration.

cracking link !!!!! what a yard to find hey?.......

the Sherman on the first page of photos.......

..why are the drive sprockets / tracks 'set' out so far from the hull?.looks almost looks she should have a lot wider tracks but is it as simple as that ???? :cheesy:

Including what has to be the ugliest mother f****r of a tanker truck I've ever seen! I know we have to cut the Yanks some slack, but honestly, given their rich art deco automotive heritage how could anyone create something as soul-less as that? :shocked:

http://www.vgbimages.com/AFV-Photos/Sam-Winer-Motors-Akron-OH/22624408_zvkm9X#!i=1813007634&k=QHTSQJm

Call that a Tanker? vomit-smiley-9529.gif

Now this..........is a Tanker - :cool2:

1937 REO SPEEDTANKER.jpg

Edited by N.O.S.

Also some M29 weasel suspension parts and Mack NO's.

the Sherman on the first page of photos.......

..why are the drive sprockets / tracks 'set' out so far from the hull?

Probably the E9 suspension.....fillers placed between the hull and suspension, which would allow duckbills to be fitted on both sides.

Sam Wyner motors has been discussed on the forum before, I reckon it was in this same sub forum. A forum member went there to take pics. Seems like a lovely place to have a look round..

Alex

Including what has to be the ugliest mother f****r of a tanker truck I've ever seen! I know we have to cut the Yanks some slack, but honestly, given their rich art deco automotive heritage how could anyone create something as soul-less as that? :shocked:

http://www.vgbimages.com/AFV-Photos/Sam-Winer-Motors-Akron-OH/22624408_zvkm9X#!i=1813007634&k=QHTSQJm

Call that a Tanker? [ATTACH=CONFIG]60927[/ATTACH]

Now this..........is a Tanker - :cool2:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60926[/ATTACH]

Thats well cool.

Looks like something Gerry Anderson would have had in Thunderbirds.

Mike

Also some M29 weasel suspension parts and Mack NO's.

Probably the E9 suspension.....fillers placed between the hull and suspension, which would allow duckbills to be fitted on both sides.

Alex

Cheers Alex.....

also.........:-D....the info says its a M4A3E9?......but I'm confused...(yeah yeah...easy enough I know:-))

...can anyone shed any light on this for me ???

..........how come the M4A3E8 had the much more efficient (and better looking IMHO) 'Horizontal' suspension ...and yet this one..

... with what appears to me to be a 'later' type or model number of M4A3E9

still has the older style 'vertical' suspension?...

... or am I once again way up the wrong creek with a broken paddle??...

or.....is it that even after they went over to the more modern 'horizontal suspension' they still made some following models with the older 'vertical' type of suspension?

many thanks in advance anyways:)

The E9 was a program to space out the suspension on normal VVSS tanks to allow the use of extended end connectors on both sides of the track. The E8 program was the later HVSS suspension and wider track. The improvement in flotation and hence mobility of the E8 led to attempts to retrofit earlier tanks, hence E9.

E9 was just coming in to service at the end of the war and many tanks were rebuilt post war with it. It was a modification and could be fitted to any VVSS tank. 1000 kits were built to allow in theatre fitting.

That is actually a gross simplification as there were various other systems trialled but it gives the general idea!