Was Newbury any good as no threads seen on what goodies you all bought

It was nice sunny day for it & a big turn out. But despite the good weather it strikes me odd that at 1400 hrs some traders start pulling out when there are hundreds of people still buying. At that stage I had only "done" just about half of it.

I would really like them to separate out all the Range Rover & Discovery stuff & stick it in another field. Perhaps only 15-20% was relevant to Series Rovers. I only bought nuts, bolts, & some coloured coded wire.

You know the fat rubber grommets that go in a P clip & support the rear brake pipes? I did not even find a grotty used one! I couldn't even find early style plastic fuel pipe.

So not very good for the home mechanic. The bolts were the best investment as no postage makes them far more attractive than eehbay. Although it was a struggle to find any UNF & none of the Whitworths that I wanted.

I hate to say it but does that suggest that the old series stuff is becoming scarser to find and now overun by the modern deemed classics that are range rovers and discoveries.

I guess some old LR from the 60's and 70's must be deemed Vintage now!

How did A&A get on with there items...Did they shift those rims and were they Ferret??

How did A&A get on with there items...Did they shift those rims and were they Ferret??
They were on good form, don't know about the rims. On a stall not far away with reasonably priced take-off bits I noticed take-off Series 2 24v wiper motors £100 EACH! Elsewhere I saw Series 2 instrument panels with bits missing & rust/corrosion £60-£75. Time was when you could get a complete panel for £20 generally or a super one for £25.

Question - Besides Land-Rover bits, was there anything else there? Any wartime vehicle parts?

Robert nothing overtly wartime. Although a trained eye may have spotted something, but I don't think you missed out really.

I noticed take-off Series 2 24v wiper motors £100 EACH!

If they were sold at that price then that is a scary issue on supply not meeting demand. I have had 3 24v wiper motors over the years repaired by alternator and generator repair companies as just an electric field with a link for return so repairable if you know the old school repair companies etc.

It can be quite expensive, but less than £100 a shot.

I am surprised by that as they have appeared and sold on HeHeBay for less in the recent past.

I have been snapping up starter motors when they look serviceable for future repair over the years. They are now being offered on HeHeBay for £95 Buy it Now prices????????????????

Hi,

We got there about 10:30.. Usual queues to get in, car park nearly full... bit on the warm side.

Went looking for some clansman for the misses FFR. Seems Clansman stuff is getting harder to find, but did manage to find a vehicle mounting frame for the 351 backpack and a couple of mounting plates she needed at reasonable prices. I seem to remember last year you were tripping over all the clansman stuff!

On the bright side, the number plate maker was swamped with business, but we got her military plates done eventually.

We did have a funny though, when we spoke to the key cutting guy for an ingition key for the 78 series 3 landy. he said he couldn't do it cos the lock was American!!!!. Looks like I'm going to have to replace it!

And yes, some of the stalls were packing up at 2pm.

Doug

Unfortunately I did not make it Newbury, but I did make it to the Shoreham Airport aerojumble where I managed to get my hands on a very cheap and nearly new Megger BH224 complete with all paperwork, guarantees and calibration papers. Now I just have to print off Clives work on the 24 volt system and I can use it :)

Doug did you see near the far end of the top row, a bloke with TUAAM test rigs? In green carry bags but the units themselves were in a very seductive high gloss light admiralty grey, looked brand new.

There were quite a few earlier on. One chap was selling them seperate from the boxes by the end of the day.

I also noticed people packing up at 14:00, can understand if you have nothing left.

There was a 1945 stamped WD jerry can amongst the farm machinery..

Clansman was a bit thin compared to last year. Spotted a few Larkspur bits though.

Series bits seem to be getting a bit thin on the ground.

However there were 2 Series radio battery boxes. The one Colin had kindly put in for me, and another being used to prop up some Disco parts.

Did not come away with much, but did manage to pick up a complete S3 instrument panel for £22 (with all instruments, switches and lights. Only really wanted the plastic housing. Oh and it was 24v so have a complete set of spares.

Best laugth of the day watching some bloke trying to move 10 jerrycans on a sack barrow.

Oh and 2 of thoe RWMIKs heading West on the M4 as I was heading home.

Mike

I was surprised to find an original pair of Scammell Pioneer sidelight brackets complete with lamps, turned out the guy may have a bit more Pioneer stuff he didnt bring so may yet yield a few more parts. Otherwise only other WW2 era item I saw was a US screw top jerry can either '42 or '43 priced at £25 but in good order.

I was also selling and a lot of the best deals seem to take place before the general public get in. I was selling tractor parts and the number of sellers and demand for the tractor stuff seemed to be down on previous years.