Joining the gang

martylee

Hi ya all!

I discovered this forum just before x-mas, and found it very intresting. I own a 1942 Dodge WC51 and a post war bantam trailer copy. Polynorm. The Dodge was bought back in 1998 and is unrestored, only received some cosmetic work. Runs like never before. I'm more into the history and driving the vehicles than working on them. Currently looking for a kitchen trailer like described under american vehicles thread. Never seen any of these here in Norway where I live. Well, that's me... ;-)

Actually it's not very cold here at the moment. Yesterday it was in fact raining. Not any snow to speak of either, which on the 26th dec allowed me and some friends to take our vehicles for a ride. I don't think sending snow will do you any good, so I'll post some instead!? OK? :-D

width=640 height=480http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7489/img1051zj1.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3056/img1054zs2.jpg[/img]

Marty

I prefer going topless, feels better. Enjoy it more then, beside I have a better view of what's going happening on the road. Still, the Dodge look great with the roof on as well.

And it's more fun going toples in the winter, people look at you like you're nuts, which I guess we are.

Marty

I prefer going topless, feels better. Enjoy it more then, beside I have a better view of what's going happening on the road. Still, the Dodge look great with the roof on as well.

And it's more fun going toples in the winter, people look at you like you're nuts, which I guess we are.

Marty

Well said!

Those are also my reasons!

And I get fresh air!!! :-D

I never go anywhere where my car won't take me! And with the Dodge I can go everywhere! :-D

I have the norwegian made wintertop for it as well, but never used it. You don't see anything around you, and it's not like it a lot warmer. It also had a heating system installed, but I have removed it. I prefer to put on clothes.

I never get to see too mant photos of Dodges, so if someone would post photo of they're Dodge... Well, I wouldn't mind it one bit!

Marty

Marty

• 2 weeks later...

Yo Enigma!

I was just looking thru a book about the army command structure in norway after the war until present and there I saw a photo from a military driving school. They had several different vehicles and one of them looks like yours. I didn't know we had that kind of vehicle in norway. Unfortunately, I don't have my scanner here at the moment.

Just felt like sharing this with you! Actually all of you!

Marty

This must have been right after the war. Someone pointed out to me that this was a driving school for girls and they're wearing swedish uniform. The photo i taken at the Jorstadmoen army camp located just outside of the olympic city of Lillehammer.

Must be quite rare in norway this vehicle.

Marty