Blackout markings?

lightweight

...I was thinking bumperettes, but they need to have the unit markings on them surely?

...which could be in black? :-)

Here's a 388th BG Chev which escaped the white bumperette treatment - but look at the huge star on the mudguard! Like I said, anything goes :angel:

Chev 388thBG.JPG

Blimey, that 'Left Hand Drive' is in a particularly large font as well - and even the tailgate star looks unusually large for the back of the wagon.

I have a jerry can mounted where that star is - I guess I'll just see what looks right to me and I won't be too far off. My lad reckons he's seen them with a vertical line down the bumperette and no unit markings, I might go for a horizontal line at the bottom of the bumperette and the marking above if it all fits in.

Where the hell do you find these photo's?

Have a look at this. Phil's 24 hour old aquisition. 1939 12 hp Wolsey. The paint has never been touched. Still goes like a rocket though.

It had been converted to run on gas at some stage with a roof bag. The fittings for the regulator etc are still attched to the inside of the roof.

:-D

DSCF5668.jpg