On A Mission To Find.....

this beastie:

483701_274953455912524_100001936164330_646174_1641790009_n.jpg

i am trying to find this as the guy who drove this and took this photo is a friend of my mum's and i said i wonder if i can find it if not this one possibly one from the same regiment (which i will have to ask him about because i have forgot) he drove diamond T's and antars during his time in the army and his last job was to deliver some soviet tanks to bovvy i believe with this antar.

so if you guys can shed any light or provide some pics of this one currently that would brilliant

Regards

Jonny

Hi Jonny666,

You've picked an interesting one here. Of all the mark two Antars left, (probably less than ten), this one 54BH26, is a survivor, but you may have to go a very long way to see her.

This mark two was bought by L.W. Vass, military vehicle dealers from Ruddington sales in June of 1978, then sold the next month to John Cooper and from there to Mervyn Annetts and finally to Phil Rye.This is one of the Antars bought by Phil to grace his forthcoming Snowy Mountain Equipment museum in Australia. Registered in the UK as YNJ932T, she was painted in orange and red at one point and made the trip to Oz, being joined by Brian and Rob Bailey's mark two XSK481 to make a representative pair for this project.

So she is still alive and well and I have it on good authority that she enjoys sitting under her wooden canopy in the Australian sun.

Hope your friend is pleased to hear the news!

Bw

Mike.

i am gunna try and contact the museum to see if i can get some more up to date pics of her shame shes not in the UK but i am glad she is gunna be looked after, gunna be interesting telling the old guy about this :D