Lectlaid ( Trout Inn ) GLO GL7 3HA

Just wondered if anyone would be intrested in joining us for our meet. First i will Explain. I am a area rep for our car Club. Toyotaestimaownersclub. You can google us. We have many weekend meets across the country. I am one of the midlands reps. I run 2/3 meets a yr around Carterton where I live. This yrs June meet at "The Trout Inn " Letchlaid is in June ( waiting to confirm date but hoping Jun 15/16/17th) My Meets are themed and this yr I am hoping to run a Pink weekend for cancer.

See My Report at Last yrs AGM.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

My Area Report I have summited to be read out at AGM

Mr D C Matthews

(Spike Matthews)

Oxfordshire Area Rep

Estima Owners Club

My Report for Annual General Meeting 2011

Since Last year’s Agm I can report that Letchlaid meet held on the 17th June 2011 was well attended again. We had a good meet. Whilst the Fishing Match was hit by poor weather it went ahead. The one thing that was missing was Fish. This however was more than made up by the Obstacle course. The Apple dipping at the end of course was a major hit I feel by all. I thank Paul, Jean and Tracy’s crew for a lot of Help again. We raised Money for 3 Charity at this meet.

I pulled out of the Planned Duckling to meet as we did not have any Takers at the end. That said I still feel it is a good event I would like to try for next yr .I think it will be 22nd July 2012 but will confirm. If we show our cars it will be free to those that do and £25 (maybe a bit more next yr) for a camping unit.

Wallingford is planned for 30th Sept 1st 2nd October this yr. The List is up and not too late for you to attend.

All monies that have been given to me by Club have been used to Date to Buy Fishing Trophies, BBQ gas for Tracy at Letchlaid, Small swimming Pools used at Letchlaid and have been recited.

I have received a Club Shelter for use at meets and thank the committee for this. It will be of great use to us.

For next yr I am at moment trying to Plan a Letchlaid event as a Pink Charity Weekend. This will be in June as always. This will be a Shared meet with other clubs if I can get it going. More Details will be forthcoming at a later date. Most of you should have seen the Thread I have posted about this meet I hope members will see this event as a good thing and try to attend if they can.

Duckling ton 2012 already mentioned.

Wallingford Oct 2012 still to Plan.

I have read, heard many Different Comments over the yrs about this or that meet this was good that not so ECT. On behalf of Area Reps I would like point out that meets are a 2 point event. 1st point is you’re Reps who are volunteers, not paid ect spend a lot of Time trying to find venues, themes ect to set up a club meet. This being a day to week meets. We are Learning every Time and this year we Learned that is not only planning a meet but to keep you up to date with the Details of how it’s going ,whose coming ect.

2nd Point is down to members, none members who attend the meets to get stuck in and enjoy the events on that meet.. This is no matter what the weather ECT. This year I have seen that you do enjoy yourselves. For That I thank you.

I also know this yr and in the next few yrs that cost, Distance has a big effect on our meets. I am sure we as a club will weather this. It may I feel effect Long Distance Travel and that many more Local meets will arise. Anyway I thank you for Listing to my report and wish you a great AGM.

The Location is Good, by the river Thames in The Trout inn field. No Electic but generators allowed. There is no Showers but Tolets are 24/7 and There is Fresh water and a WC disposal Bowser.

Photos from Last years meet

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/spikematthews/Letchlaid%202011/

The entry to Field is Tight over wooden bridge but Heavy Steam engines go over it.

I plan a get together friday night, Saturday we have a fishing match in the morning, then afternoon ofevents. I am hoping for a horse race type event. You Dress up in Pink , Bid for horse ( You Dressed up.) Then a card of races were you place bets all for charity. After events a night of Music in the fied roung a Log Fire ( Well in a 45 gall Barrall )

Still a lot to do but That is the Basic's

Pitch's are normally £10 per night per Pitch.