Mk1 Militant Front Wheel Hub Removal

Zero-Five-Two

Hi Gordon,

Didn't mean to sound secretive, it's just me and Simon are in the same line of work and allowed a bit of jargon to creep in.

Explanation of a Dart spring: A brake return spring taken from a Dennis Dart service bus. Fits a Militant front brake quite well.

Is that the one that has a habit of falling off and rattaling round the drum? :-D

If anyone is stripping down front hubs Militant or Matador do the big nut up tight I think its 80mm socket, leave the covers off, drive round for a few miles take the nut off again clean it up and locktite it on, two centre punch marks so you can see if it comes loose later on.

You may think this is all common sence......... but I've seen enough loose hubs to raise the point!

I have plenty of spare axle parts if anyone needs them and my other top tip for lighter stearing is don't fill the hubs with oil, pump it with grease, makes so much difference

regards

Matt

Have you any spare front brake springs? The dart one is probably a temporary measure.