Vokes filter for BSA M20

AmphibAndy

hi Guys, not been on this thread before but was just wondering whether anyone can help me with the supply of an aluminium elbow which fits on the AMAL pre monbloc carburettor and connects to the pipe up to the Vokes filter unit. I have some photos if you are not sure what it looks like please pm me. Would be grateful of some help finding this part. thanks

thanks for the reponse. I am aware of Lex's efforts but thought by posting here I may expand beyond the main biker boys on the M20 forum. Given that all the bikes by late 1944 were supposed to be built with these filters fixed, I feel sure there a lot sitting out there somewhere! I will keep looking and maybe one will turn up.

• 3 weeks later...

hi, i looked around for some time and saw some on ebay? turns out they were not the right item at all,but looked ok. i personaly didnt bother fitting an elbow, but just took of the bellmouth and fitted hose straight to carb, which works. it looks ok and is far less restrictive, this i found important as there ar'nt that many ponies to strange. i also fitted a twin density foam fillter to box, this has shown just how much crap that these bike breath. good luck finding the right part mate.