Tanks Trucks and Firepower Show 2012

For the third year the Birmingham & West Midlands Area MVT and the Alvis Fighting Vehicles Society are joining forces to present Tanks Trucks and Firepower Show 2012 at Dunchurch near Rugby over the Bank Holiday, 25th, 26th, 27th August 2012.

You will be able to book in online in the next week or so. Grumpy says he has set it up already but I couldn't open it so you had better give it a few days while he checks out if it's me or the connection thingy. (As you can see I'm not compatible with these electronic gizmos!)

The show WILL be bigger and better. We are listening and learning from comments made by visitors and vehicle entrants.

The quagmire in the gateway to the show field is being addressed.

To those who have supported us for the past two years a big big thank you and to those who haven't been before, give us a try, I guaranttee you will come back for 2013. Yes we do plan that far ahead!

We are well into planning for 2012 already. The sun is booked and entry forms are available by e mail if you don't want to enter online. Go to hippo1944@hotmail.com

Phil P and Grumpy

• 1 month later...

More work has been done on site ready for the 2012 show. Trenches are currently being dug plus the wooded area has been lanscaped and the pool dug out. Trees have been thinned so a camping area in the trees will be available. All re enactment groups of all periods are welcome. If you have any ideas on what we need to do to improve the site for your groups tell us now.

More toilets will be on site for 2012 and the hot showers again will be there. The beer tent will be bigger and more catering will be on site.

Vehicle owners of all periods are welcome.

Camping for those who are going to the Victory Show will be provided if you come to our show.

WE can only get better if YOU tell us what YOU need.

Tanks Trucks and Firepower Show 2012-run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.

The best pyro display in the UK.

Phil P and Grumpy

More sunshine please chaps :)

There i've told you so now you have to deliver it..!

There is a vague notion of doing a road run on the Friday - might help drum up more publicity as well - watch this space..

Cheers

Timbo

• 1 month later...

Hi Timbo.

What's this, road run, do you you know something the committee doesn't know? If you want one do you fancy organising it? Send me a PM if you do.

Most things are organised and ordered. We have all the usual things going on plus a Wall Of Death display and a firework display on the Sunday evening for vehicle entrants and re enactors. The beer tent is bigger, there's more toilets and regularly serviced. We are developing the site for re enactors to put on displays.

To enter go to www,tankstrucksandfirepower.co.uk and click on exhibitors to download an entry form or book in on line. The choice is yours.

A show organised by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.

Phil & Grumpy.

Phil

Watch this space..! It has already been discussed over several pints of beer so is bound to happen. I was thinking if we did it on the thursday or friday it could drum up a bit of publicity as well...

Cheers

Timbo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Timbo.

Thanks mate. Scorch has been working his little socks off on the site preparing it for vehicle displays and digging trenches etc for reenactors. Grandad Bob is well pleased with him. Watch this space.

Phil (Grandad Bob) and Grumpy

• 1 month later...

This is a great show & promises to be bigger & better this year. Any re-enactors out there who want plenty of space in either open land or inside the woodland area get in touch asap to ensure you get a good spot.

Any ideas you may have for your display or any requests please let phil know at hippo1944@hotmail.com.

Cheers

Dog

Edited by usarmychevyc10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A MESSAGE FROM THE ALVIS FIGHTING VEHICLE SOCIETY & MVT BIRMINGHAM & WEST MIDLANDS AREA

WE ARE STILL ON, NO CANCELLATIONS BECAUSE OF A BOGGY FIELD!! IF YOU HAVEN'T BOOKED IN YOU CAN STILL DO SO ON LINE. www.tankstrucksandfirepowershow2012 or JUST TURN UP ON THE DAY. WE'LL FIND YOU A SPOT.

Lot's to see and do. We are even selling our own bottled beer called FIREPOWER!! It's worth coming just for that.

Re enactment groups welcome.

20feet x 20feet for £45 for three days for traders stalls. Smaller or larger pitches available at other rates.

It's the friendliest military vehicle show in the UK. Run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.

Entertainment at night for exhibitors and traders.

25th/26th & 27th August 2012. Dunchurch near Rugby.

Phil & Grumpy

Glad to hear it's still on, my ferry over from Ireland is already booked. Camping with friends travelling up from Kent but I'll be in my civvy 110, would need a mortgage to bring the 101 over! I'll lose the 110 in the car park during the day obviously.

Look forward to doing a quality check on the beer!

We walked the field last night to make sure we knew where everything was going. Mr Bakers 11 Stormers were parked up and the Chally was in the shed looking very smart. We have ordered extra toilets spread around the field plus disabled ones on the hard standing.

Overflow parking (Got to be an optimist!) is ear marked.

We are still getting vehicles entered I know the form said 24 July but that was we didn't have a last minute glut of entries. If your not entered you can do it on line or even turn up on the day you won't be turned away.

Not only are we doing our own 'Firepower Real Ale' we are doing mugs and coasters for those who enjoy a 'cup of char' and something to stand it on.

The Wall of Death display is arriving early next week. I wonder if a CVRT will go round it?

Scortch has done some fantastic work around the site prepairing it. Well done mate.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Mr Baker get a round in? He's a poor impoverished MV owner!!!!

Phil (AKA Grandad Bob) and Grumpy.

Vehicles started moving into main field yesterday and first tents going up. Field lovely and dry. Just to be going on with here's one of the Spartan which will be in the arena at some point (I hope!)

Cheers

Timbo

IMG-20120818-00224.jpg

How smart is that. Nice one Timbo.

I picked up another 4 vehicle entrants today. Lots more stall holders booking in. I think we have now established ourselves on the show calendar. It's not too late to book in or turn up on the day. The 'Firepower' real ale should be arriving during the week. You can't sample it until it's been passed by the committee.

I'm working on next years show already. Talking to potential sponsors. 2013 Show will commemorate 45 years of the MVT so forward planning required to get it spot on.

I see the MVT has got a Publicity Officer. He's a good bloke from what I've heard.

Regards

Grandad Bob and Grumpy.

Just got back from taking one vehicle to collect another two and go back. The site is filling up fast but room for loads more. If you are not booked in don't worry just turn up.

Scorch has set up camp with Bob and Bob.

Grumpy arrived at 8-30pm as I was leaving.

Grandad Bob.

A huge thank you to all the vehicle owners, re enactors and the stall holders who came to the show and made it so good. I didn't see much of it my self but I did get some good feed back that we can use for next year. We might even get the weather right.

Again thank you all.

I'm off to Souchez now.

Phil

A huge thank you to all the vehicle owners, re enactors and the stall holders who came to the show and made it so good. I didn't see much of it my self but I did get some good feed back that we can use for next year. We might even get the weather right.

Again thank you all.

I'm off to Souchez now.

Phil

Hi Phil, sorry that I missed the show, I was all loaded and ready when our daughter rang to ask us to have three (youngest) of her children for the weekend........ they were off to Cardiff for the weekend.