432 mk 1 accurate dimensions?

Dan Glanville

Hello everyone and FV432 fans

Wondering if anyone can help me with the accurate dimensions of the FV432 MK1. I am looking to possibly have one transported on flat deck but want to see if we can eliminate the need for a wide load permit. With the exhaust ontop and perhaps removing some of the side brackets we might be able to do it. I can only find dimensions for the MK2 which are wider because of the side exhaust and larger nbc system opposite side. Any info would be great. Thanks

The NBC filter box on the Mk.1 is the same as the Mk.2, it's only the Mk.2/1 that uses a smaller box. The dimensions over the hull plates is 2.565m - how small do you need to go?

All this info is in the User Manual, by the way. Strongly recommended! :-)

Andy

If we can get under 9 feet in width on the MK1, we can eliminate the hastle of applying for the permit. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the machine as of yet so I am ahead of the cart so to speak, otherwise I would go and measure myself. Just trying to get a little info ahead of time from those that know.

thanks

That is precisely why. Canada isn't fortunate enough to have such easy access to these machines. But then if they were so readily available here, then they wouldn't be so unique and I would have to have something different to call my own piece of history. But thanks anyways.

Dan, overwidth permits are not so hard to come by; construction machinery is moved regularily oversize and there are a number of carriers who keep oversize permit on file as that is their regular business.

We should talk, send me a PM as I am in the market for a FV432 MK2/1 and am here in Ontario as well.