Saladin Turret Bowl - work re-commences

Fugly

So I have had a summer filled with a milliion and one distractions, but now its time to get back to the Saladin. The turret bowl is 80% perfect 20% rusty where the commanders hatch was left open, and it rained in.

I have no fabrication skills and even less idea but have purchased a mig welder, and some mild steel ............:D

Wish me luck. Will post some pictures.

Good luck with the welding! Mine is getting quite good now having recently done over 2,500 welds on 1.5 amd 2mm thick box section. It's just practice...lots of practice.

FinepixJan09059.jpg

You should be at this stage in about a week!

Regards

Jon

PS do you still want the smoke dischargers?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have finished the turret bowl today and am in the process of putting it back under the turret. Am getting fed up with working on the turret - looking forward to the hull work - and have all summer to do it.

The bowl is now 95% perfect and am glad to see the back of it ! :-DDSCF2012.jpg

DSCF2013.jpg

Have finished the turret bowl today and am in the process of putting it back under the turret. Am getting fed up with working on the turret - looking forward to the hull work - and have all summer to do it.

The bowl is now 95% perfect and am glad to see the back of it ! :-D[ATTACH=CONFIG]58838[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58837[/ATTACH]

Disgustingly GOOD very nice work :D