WW1 gun , needs ID

XWDV8

The howitzer is a German 15cm. lg.s.F.H. 1913 These are late war Krupp designs. Responding to the post at the top of the page--Schneider is a French company not German and 155mm howitzers are a French and American caliber type not German.

I have all the howitzers of the 15cm sFH series from 1893-1918 in my collection and these can be seen on my web site:

http://www.lovettartillery.com/index.html

An example of a slight variation of the howitzer in the photo can be seen on this web page. This is my 15cm. lg.s.F.H. 1913/02:

http://www.lovettartillery.com/15cm_lang_schwere_Feldhaubitze_1913_02.html

R/

Ralph Lovett

Rob,

I’m doing well. I recently returned to the US from a period of training with Royal Irish units at Salisbury Plain. This was with the US/UK Officer Exchange. There was also a bit of time at the Fire Power Museum at Woolwich. They have talked me out of one of my US ACU uniforms for their collection. I was thrilled for it to become a permanent part of this Royal Artillery museum. I also visited a bit with Clive H. It was very nice to finally meet him and see his collection.

In the collecting realm, I have recently picked up a US M1918 Caisson for use with the French 75mm mle/97 in US service. This has been on wanted list a long time so I’m quite happy with it.

How are your restorations going?

R/

Ralph

Ralph

Yes,'Firepower' is an excellent choice of museum to visit and houses a very comprehensive collection of Artillery and I think is one of the UK's Finest collections,especialy for us like minded folk ! :nut:

Did you get time to call in to Fort Nelson while you where at Clives ? They also have an impressive collection of Artillery.

As for my collection, its constantly expanding and there is always something to do but I have a few gaps I need to fill so I am looking further afield for several items ! ;)

Rob......................rnixartillery.

Rob

I have visited FT Nelson on other trips to the UK so I decided to spend my time in the Portsmouth area with Clive. I agree with you about Fire Power but unfortunately much of their collection is not available for the public to see since their move from main post area of Woolwich. That said, I was lucky and they gave me a good tour of that part of the collection as well.

Glad to hear your collection is still growing

R/

Ralph