Fordson F Tractor

M.Rimmer

Very nice picture! It is post-1918 as the tractor has the full radiator sides instead of the ladder style ones, and 7 spoke wheels instead of 6. There is some interesting reading on the early Fordson MOM (Ministry of Munitions) here:

http://gasengine.farmcollector.com/Tractors/The-REAL-Fordson-Part-III-MYSTERIOUS-MOM-MYTH-September-1987-1.aspx

Marcel

Very nice picture! It is post-1918 as the tractor has the full radiator sides instead of the ladder style ones, and 7 spoke wheels instead of 6. There is some interesting reading on the early Fordson MOM (Ministry of Munitions) here:

http://gasengine.farmcollector.com/Tractors/The-REAL-Fordson-Part-III-MYSTERIOUS-MOM-MYTH-September-1987-1.aspx

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

That is a very interesting website, just read the first two parts of the MOM story. My grandfather, now sadly long gone, was invalided out of the army during WW1 and then worked for the War Agricultural Committee in Sussex, on all the tractors and steam engines under their control. He used to tell me about the early Ford tractors, and trembler coil ignitions, etc. How I wished that I had asked more about it all, at least I know where all the enthusiasm I have for these machines, comes from !

regards, Richard

• 5 months later...

Hi all

Thought I'd share a pic of our Fordsons. The F is a 1923 model in very good original condition but not running yet, built in the USA. The Standard N is a 1940 model built in the Dagenham factory. It had some ignition problems but I've sorted out those. Now even my 7 yr old son can start it:

Best regards

Marcel

DSCN1787.jpg