CCKW 353 - On E Bay

Vulture

Well I have to put in my two cents (it's what I do)

"Nice looking restored to original truck,drives perfect" FAIL

That motor is all kinds of wrong. The painted over everything.. wire harnesses, hoses, ground straps etc. Figure about $1k to take out, strip and paint.

There was NEVER a dataplate on the rocker cover. Wrong horn, hose clamps are wrong, wire and terminal ends are wrong. Way to many holes on the firewall.

Looks like no winch cable. Winch cables were shortened from 300ft to 150ft late war, but this model should have the 300ft if factory correct.

The cargo bow corners are missing the leather straps, there are way to many hardware store gate locks (theft must be rampant). There are also way to many stencils on the truck.

The battery box on the truck is a piece of wood.... but there looks to be a proper cover in the last picture, but it look kinda beat.

Also the markings on wrong. SO you are looking at redoing the bumper, hood, tailgate (only very early trucks used the W prefix, and registration numbers started with '4'. '2' and '8' were used for other types of vehicles.

I would agree that this could be a $10,000 truck. But not much more... still has work to be done. And nothing on it is exceptionally rare. I would take off most of the 'accessories' as they just add clutter.

Most people would never know what's wrong with it.

A new wiring harness to replace the painted over one is approx $750-1200 USD Plus the work to install it, replace the wiring clips etc. For *just* getting the harness right in the engine bay you are looking at $2k+ (plus untold hours of labor).

Then you still have to correct the engine bits.

There are way to many holes in the firewall and the dash itself has some extra holes. Lots of little things that are going to quickly add $5k+ to the cost of this truck if you want it corrected.

If you just want to hop in and drive, then $10k is a good number for the truck, its condition, accessories, etc.

But a 'Factory Correct' or even 'Restored' truck? No way.