Meadows Starting Cartridges

I'm trying to track down a supplier of cartridges or a couple of old or spent ones to get copied.

Yes, I have a current Shotgun Certificate if that were to pose a problem..........

They are for backup use for my Meadows 27.5kva set if I'm daft enough to let the air tank go empty again (using an electric donkey-motor on the air compressor if the current backup but god its slow to charge!! )

Type: Williams and James 50C

RAF Number 12K.1305

Army number X3/XC/MS.106866

Oh, and if anyone has a couple of Ether EHALET capsules for show display purposes, even spent ones, I'll happily give you a few quid for them. Nice little things to have to complete the set.

Alec.

I'm trying to track down a supplier of cartridges or a couple of old or spent ones to get copied.

Yes, I have a current Shotgun Certificate if that were to pose a problem..........

They are for backup use for my Meadows 27.5kva set if I'm daft enough to let the air tank go empty again (using an electric donkey-motor on the air compressor if the current backup but god its slow to charge!! )

Type: Williams and James 50C

RAF Number 12K.1305

Army number X3/XC/MS.106866

Oh, and if anyone has a couple of Ether EHALET capsules for show display purposes, even spent ones, I'll happily give you a few quid for them. Nice little things to have to complete the set.

Alec.

Alec,

In all the years I worked on the Meadows 27 1/2 sets, I never used a cartridge to start one. I am wondering if they are the same as those used on Field Marshalls?

The Meadows is quite an easy engine to start by hand, good exercise too ;)

What size are the cartridges Alec? as Richard says they maybe the same as those used on Field Marshall tractors,if so I'll be seeing my friend with an early Field Marshall later this week and I can ask him. Also AFAIK you won't need a certificate as they are classed the same as blanks.

Matt.