1960 Pattern DPM Smock

Eaglehurst

Thanks Mark. They do come up for sale (mainly Ebay) from time to time but what they sell for is anybody's guess!

One went a few weeks ago, a mint condition size 6, for £130+ iirc.

The best thing to do, although I hate them:D, is car boot sales. A contact told me recently about picking up an older pattern, good sized SAS dpm windproof in great condition for £1! Of course I immediately told him what a s*** he was!

Thanks Mark. They do come up for sale (mainly Ebay) from time to time but what they sell for is anybody's guess!

One went a few weeks ago, a mint condition size 6, for £130+ iirc.

The best thing to do, although I hate them:D, is car boot sales. A contact told me recently about picking up an older pattern, good sized SAS dpm windproof in great condition for £1! Of course I immediately told him what a s*** he was!

I know what you mean about car boot sales, mind you, it depends who else is thereas to what you get!!

Am hoping to do some boot sales in the winter months as a trader as my wife and stepson have a few things to sell, you never know what might turn up before the crowds arrive ;)

Mark

Although only in production for about a year (1970 to 1971) the DPM 60 pattern smock and trousers are not uncommon, even today, which is probably a reflection on the quantity manufactured by James Smith and Cookson & Clegg (the only manufacturers of this version that I have seen).......photos of the British Army from the period 1970 to 1976 show that the garments were in fairly widespread use even after the introduction of the 68 pattern in 1971, many 60 pattern garments being worn in combination with the later pattern smock and trousers......

A mate of mine was issued with a new size 9 60 pattern smock from stores as late as 1984......it was mixed in with a stack of 68 pattern size 9's that had come from central stores..........the bugger wouldn't part with it even then, and within days had wrecked it with dirt, engine oil, etc.....>:(

Picked this up a little while ago. Nice used condition complete apart from lower cord and a small tear in the back that needed repairing.

The decent size was what got me interested! I really do like the colours of the 60 Patt DPM...

Very nice indeed. A DPM P1960 smock is definitely near the top of my 'Would Like to Find (Cheap)' list.;)

I regularly attend my local car boot, but I've never come across any interesting postwar clothing. However, I did once pick up a fairly tidy 1941 dated leather jerkin for £3.

Very nice indeed. A DPM P1960 smock is definitely near the top of my 'Would Like to Find (Cheap)' list.;)

I regularly attend my local car boot, but I've never come across any interesting postwar clothing. However, I did once pick up a fairly tidy 1941 dated leather jerkin for £3.

Only last weekend I found a Size 6 DPM aircrew jacket for a very reasonable £8......

Note that Aircrew clothing (Mk2A DPM & MK3 green) are sized from 1 to 8 and are grouped in pairs according to height.....so 4 height ranges in small & medium/large body size per pair....