Humber Pig "bits" and history

Custosapium

Hello,

Ive owned a Humber (29BK93) for several years. I feel its about time it was completed. The previous owner stripped out some armour from the inside of the vehicle and replaced it with insulation panels to lose weight. Apparantly he used it as an off roader! Therefore i need all the rear seatbelts, grab handles as well as the dunlop trakmark padding stuff (at least that what i think its called)! Any ideas?

Also if anyone knows of any history of my vehicle that would be most Appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew nice to have another Pig around.

I'm afraid I can tell you nothing about its unit history only its administrative history.

29 BK 93

Contract No. 6/V/27210

FV1602 ie FFW soft skinned 1 Ton Truck

Serial No. 32993

Engine No. 8503

Delivered to 31st B Vehicle Depot Church Broughton

Delivery date 17/3/55

Receipt Voucher No. CBR/R/3691

Armoured conversion FV1612 1959-60 (ie Mk 1 Pig)

Uparmoured to FV1611 role Sept 1972 – June 1973 (ie Mk 2 Pig)

Struck Off Census 6/2/92

I have no picture of it the nearest pics I have are 5 vehicles each side ie

29 BK 88 & 29 BK 98

Dunlop Trakmark is only the diamond shaped vinyl covering. A good way of creating padding is to buy damaged sleeping roll mat. Cut it to shape stick it in place with thixotropic impact glue. Then glue on your Trakmark leaving a 2in overlap to tuck in the under edges of the mat then glue this in place.

A shame all the inside have been discarded.

Have you got the civilian registration, just in case I have picture of that?

Andrew sorry not got it under that either, only have a FSJ & a FSL.

Seat belts will be difficult. Although I have part numbers it would be very expensive going down that route. Only hope is someone ripping out the inside to convert it into something of their fancy. I suspect most of the ripping out has been done, a bit like the ambulances that are stripped internally, people don't seem to consider that a future owner might want to put it to how it once was. Instead these fittings generally just get dumped.