Recovery companies

Johnh

Question

Ok stupid question number err lost count.....:red:

anyway as the thread title says, just as we were on our way back to the museum and queuing in endless traffic, one of the cab occupants asked the dreaded question' if we broke down, who would recover us ?' glancing at the little AA van at the side of the road then looking back at our much larger REO,so , who does verybody use for the 'larger mv's' ? and how much would I be expected to pay ?

I have a families day at RAF Linton on Ouse on the 2nd of September, and now the seeds of doubt have been sown etc etc:undecided:

7 answers to this question

Autohome are good - I've used them, er, plenty of times.

One annual fee for a specific named vehicle.

Limit of £1000 per annum.

Failing that you can sign up for RAC commercial - a pay as you go type policy.

I paid £180 - ish for the Foden and my comms trailer - not bad when you think about it.

Bit silly not to take out a policy as if you do break down - you will be left to your own devices or be at the mercy of heavy recovery operators - at emergency fees without much option to do otherwise.

I presume you are refering to commercial size vehicles?

Markheliops

Thanks Mark, yes definitely 'commercial size' We have only been attending local shows up to now and have had access to friends with equipment local to the Museum, however now we want to go to places further afield ,then now is the time to get the all important 'cover' sorted. So not wanting to tempt fate and be ready for 2nd September plus want to plan ahead for future trips to shows etc

anyway as the thread title says, just as we were on our way back to the museum and queuing in endless traffic, one of the cab occupants asked the dreaded question' if we broke down, who would recover us ?' glancing at the little AA van at the side of the road then looking back at our much larger REO,so , who does verybody use for the 'larger mv's' ? and how much would I be expected to pay ?

I have a families day at RAF Linton on Ouse on the 2nd of September, and now the seeds of doubt have been sown etc etc:undecided:

RACCA which is the heavy side of the RAC.

Ian

John

I'm with Adrian Flux Recovery. I get Homestart, Roadside Assistance and Recovery for £32 a year on my CCKW 352 :). Must confess I was amazed at the price, and said so. The reply was that it is a fixed price based on the age of the vehicle. £32 a year works for me :). That said they do limit the payout in any 12 months to £3,000. I have no idea what that equates to in terms of fully recoveries, but it must be a couple I would have thought.

Kind regards

Vulture

John

I'm with Adrian Flux Recovery. I get Homestart, Roadside Assistance and Recovery for £32 a year on my CCKW 352 :). Must confess I was amazed at the price, and said so. The reply was that it is a fixed price based on the age of the vehicle. £32 a year works for me :). That said they do limit the payout in any 12 months to £3,000. I have no idea what that equates to in terms of fully recoveries, but it must be a couple I would have thought.

Kind regards

Vulture

Now that to a Yorkshireman is a very good price ! However I am insured by Footman James, Mr Flux declined to give me a price seeing as I wasn't using their services oops:blush: