Ebay disputes

Paul Drake

Indeed yes, and no sooner than 10 days after the transaction. The dispute process itself can last longer than 45 days after the transaction, as long as it is first logged within the 45 days.

I've had this when sellers have been deliberatley buggering me about, wasting time. Get in while you can, if you are right or the seller is genuinely wrong/mistaken, then the process can be halted easily with no blemish to either party.

Alec.

But sometimes they won't honour disputes from international sellers. I won and paid for an item (A Theodolite) from a French Canadian seller -paid for within 10 minutes of winning it - then I got an email from him saying he is not sending it as he was hoping for more money and reneged on the sale (despite accepting my paypal money).

I replied stating it was an auction etc and was won fairly and under terms & conditions etc but to no avail. I raised a dispute via EPAY who said as it was a Canadian branch etc they could not do anything etc and to try and resolve on own. I emailed him a few times but every reply I got was then in French and pretty hostile -even asking for a refund (Which I never ever got) and leaving negative feedback etc didn't do any good so had to write it off (a pretty substantial sum) I even got his name and address and phone number and phoned him but again French and hostility etc.

Anyone know a good French Canuk hitman near Quebec I can hire, lol?

So beware of this loophole that seems to be a flag of convenience for FeePay auctions

gary

There are upsides and downsides with ebay, you have to be cognisant of them and accept the risk if you are going to play in that sand box.

My experience is that the country you are dealing with has no bearing on the ability of the person you are buying from to become a real nightmare.

My own experience was that I won an Action Man Fox armoured vehicle and was well aware of the cost to post it transatlantic to me here in Canada. The vendor didn't want to send it, for the reason that he perceived that us colonials were of a lesser moral standard and would claim it had not arrived and would ask for a refund. I had paid the postage and the purchase price at this time.

He then re advertised the same toy using the same picture using a different ebay identity. I contacted ebay and they did nothing about it. It was only because I had a UK based relative give him a call that he finally mailed it.

Gary Im sending you a pm

Robin

Thanks Robin

Got it and will reply more fully. It was a good couple of years ago so too long ago now. I have written it off to experience and if I ever get over in near future will be giving the gentleman a little social visit.

Gary

i sell on ebay and also buy . and from the sellers side you see people bidding then never paying or reading a listing wrong then complaining when they receive there item and you just get people threatining to leave negative feedback if they dont get there own way ! i know alot of people who sell and they all agree :yawn: