Saracen Fuel Pump

Mettlen

Hi,

I have eventually removed the Fuel pump from my saracen and I'm in the process of replacing the inards. The difficulty I'm having is that I need a special tool to to hold the shaft in order to remove the diaphram. I very much doubt I will be able to buy this tool so I was wondering if I could borrow one from someone or if someone could send me the dimensions in order that I can make one or is there an alternative non-special tool method?

Many Thanks in advance

Hi,

I have eventually removed the Fuel pump from my saracen and I'm in the process of replacing the inards. The difficulty I'm having is that I need a special tool to to hold the shaft in order to remove the diaphram. I very much doubt I will be able to buy this tool so I was wondering if I could borrow one from someone or if someone could send me the dimensions in order that I can make one or is there an alternative non-special tool method?

Many Thanks in advance

I did mine a couple of years back with normal tools. Can you post a couple of pics to show what you are trying to do, and I will see if I can remember how I did mine.