Help FHBVC Fight our corner concerning legislation and our vehicle use

Adam Elsdon

FBVHC are carrying out a survey on how the classic vehicle movement use maintain and contribute towards the economy, and how it is a business in its own right,

They want solid information to base any argument against changes in legislation that would predjudice our enjoyment of classic vehicles.

They are hosting a survey on their website at the following link, it is open until the end of July, so please pass the message on, outside the MV world if required.

http://fbhvc.co.uk/2011/05/24/2011-survey-now-underway-2/

While its easy to bemoan such initiatives, this one is backed by a central federation and headed by lord montagu.

It only takes a few minutes to complete (Unless you own a fleet!! so that seems to be half of the forum then!:))

They didn't ask the questions I would have expected.

I am already severely limited by the cost of petrol and diesel and an increase would mean I wouldn't be able to enjoy th vehicles or spread my wealth etc beacuse I would not attend shows. I have only attended half the things I went to last year.

Also I do not drive in or around London, because of exclusion zones, if they were introduced anywhere else, I would not go there either.

If the road tax keeps going up and other discriminatory measures are introduced for "4 wheel drive" (I only use mine in 4 wheel drive when off road) vehicles, this will also limit my activity.

I will also not be able to attend events and educate those who might want to learn from me.

Get off my soap box now.